Our school is a member of the Vancouver Island Cooperative Preschool Association (VICPA).
All VICPA preschools are parent-operated. The preschools are administered and maintained by the parents on a non-profit, non-sectarian, inter-cultural basis.
Under the guidance of a qualified Early Childhood Educator (ECE) parents assist in the classroom. Parent participation preschools promote direct involvement of parents. This makes for a unique educational family experience.
- time to observe your child interacting with a consistent group of their peers
- guidance of a qualified ECE as role model and resource on child development
- the opportunity to meet, socialize, and work cooperatively with a diverse group of parents from the community
- emotional and practical support in parenting from other parents
- free access to monthly parent education sessions featuring topics of interest to you
- a chance to contribute existing skills and develop new ones
For more information on parent participation at Sidney Preschool, please visit our Parent Information page.